Mel at the Kitchen Club is delighted to be able to offer some summer workshops in Lechlade on three separate weeks in the holidays. Flyers for all three weeks below and a letter from Mel detailing everything place to make these workshops safe for your children.
Covid-19 Pandemic – July 2020
We know there is a lot of information to consider in the plans for running the cookery workshops that we have made, but we have made them in order to give your children the best possible chance of enjoying a safe and happy experience at The Kitchen Club. We ask that you please read them carefully and ask if you have any questions. We are relying on your support to keep the children safe and happy and ask that, by sending your child to one of our cooking workshops, you agree to the following:
- I have read through this information provided to me by The Kitchen Club and I understand that procedures are in place to reduce risk, but that risk is not eliminated.
- I will not send my child to The Kitchen Club cooking workshops if they, or any of our household are displaying any Covid Symptoms (cough, fever, loss of smell and/or taste) in the last 24 hours.
- The person collecting and dropping off my child will not be displaying symptoms of Covid-19, or had them in the last 7 days.
- I agree to washing my child’s clothes on return from the cooking workshops, on a hot wash, and sending them in clean clothes to each subsequent workshop.
- I agree to send my child to The Kitchen Club cooking workshops with sunscreen applied if required, as we may go out to the play area for some outdoor playtime in between our cooking.
- In the event that my child becomes ill at home with symptoms of Covid19, I agree to keeping them at home for 14 days.
- Cancellations due to Covid-19 symptoms before 24hrs of the workshop will receive a 75% refund. Cancellations made within 24hrs of the workshop will receive a 50% refund. If The Kitchen Club cancels any workshops, we will refund you the full amount.
- In the event that my child becomes ill with symptoms of Covid19 whilst at The Kitchen Club, I agree to leave home or work immediately to collect my child.
- In the event that my child becomes ill either at home or at The Kitchen Club, with symptoms of Covid19 I agree to having my child tested as soon as possible. I will share the results of this test with The Kitchen Club as soon as they become available.
- Subject to the Public Health Guidance, should there be a positive case confirmed we will follow advice regarding which children may need to isolate.
- I understand that the necessity for social distancing and keeping parents out of the buildings will mean I have to wait in a queue to drop-off and collect my child.
- I agree to observing current social distancing guidelines with other parents and carers, as indicated by Club signage, whilst waiting at drop off and pick up times.
- I agree to follow the one-way system for drop off and collection put in place at this time.
- Due to distance restrictions – we will only be able to cook with 8 children/households per day and this will be operated on a first come first served basis. Bookings need to be made via our workshops page on our website https://thekitchenclub.org.uk/workshops/index.html
- Please note that as these workshops are run on very tight margins so we have to have a minimum of 6 children/household signed up each day in order for it to run. We reserve the right to cancel any days where we do not have enough children booked in to run the workshops viably. Full refunds will be given in these circumstances.
- In keeping with Covid-19 Social Distancing Guidelines, children from different households will keep a distance of 1m plus at all times. Children from each household will cook at their own cooking stations and there will be NO SHARING OF EQUIPMENT OR INGREDIENTS. As always, lunch and snacks, including all drinks will all be provided for throughout the day so you don’t need to bring anything. We’ll also have the opportunity to do arts and craft activities in between our busy cooking.
- We will be deep cleaning the facilities every afternoon after each cooking workshop and all equipment (including any unused equipment that have been taken into the cooking area) will be washed and sanitised in the dishwasher.
- Toilet facilities will be cleaned after each child uses it.
- Hand washing facilities and hand sanitising will be available and carried out at regular intervals over and above the usual requirements as part of general cooking hygiene.
- I agree that I will adhere to the collection time of 3.30pm.
- The Kitchen Club team understands that parents are facing extra demands and pressures at this time; I agree to also being understanding about the extra demands and pressures facing the Club and the staff, and to remember that this situation is new for everyone, and will require some getting used to.
- Members of staff will greet each family with a smile, positivity and understanding, I will help and support The Kitchen Club by recognising that we are working together to make this work for my child/ren and my family, and will return this positivity and support