- Class 1 – Homework runs Monday to Monday
- Class 2 and 3 – Homework runs Monday to Friday
Your child will receive homework each week. This homework is closely linked to the national curriculum requirements.
The homework is also published here each Friday.
On the homework there will be:
- Spellings to learn (these may be pattern related or high frequency words)
- Maths Facts (usually related to the learning journey but sometimes may be stand alone if the unit does not lend itself to this)
- A poem to learn.
- A reminder to read for 15 minutes every day.
This homework will be monitored by testing of the spellings/maths facts/poem within the class and children can move up the behaviour chart and/or receive house points for this. Children who have not completed homework tasks may be asked to stay in and complete these, where appropriate.
Electronic copies of homework are distributed to you each week via email and are also available on the school website.