The churches of St Mary’s Kempsford and St Anne’s Welford have asked if we could please highlight the following services before Christmas Day, aimed at children and families:
– Sunday 11 December at 5pm at St Mary’s Kempsford: Come and hear the Christmas Story in our nativity service. If you want to, come dressed as a shepherd or an angel!
– Thursday 15 December at 7pm at St Anne’s Whelford. Carols and readings for Christmas with the opportunity for the children to take part.
– Sunday 18 December: 10am at St Mary’s Kempsford; Family Service.
– Saturday 24 December at 5.30pm in St Mary’s Kempsford: Crib Service. Come and help to tell the Christmas story and put the animals and people in the stable setting.
Just a quick note to say welcome back to all our pupils.
Further to our newsletter dated 1st July, don’t forget that school finishes at 3.15pm now.
For our bus children this means a prompt departure to catch the bus so please let us know if your child is not going to be using the bus. Thank you.
The School Office
The Kitchen Club will be organising a Cooking Competition for the children in Year 1 and above later this month. The plan is that the children will cook a dish (savoury, and inspired by local producers to Kempsford) at home, and bring it in to school on Tuesday 17th May to be judged. The finalists from each year group will then be asked to cook again on Friday 27th May, and an overall winner from the school will be put through to the Local Area Final on Sunday 4th June. The Fairford festival will be the final “bake off” where our finalist will represent the school and have a chance to cook for the local mayor amongst others and have the chance to win!
Please see flyer attached:
Wilderness Centre Kit List
– Sleeping Bag/Duvet (Preferably sleeping bag please as this takes less space when packing)
– Pillow Case
– Trainers (2 pairs please – not heelies)
– Walking boots/Wellies (If you have them)
– Socks – 4/5 pairs
– Underwear – 3/4 sets
– T-Shirts/Long sleeved tops – 4
– Jumpers – 2/3
– Leggings/Jogging Bottoms – 4 sets
– Waterproof jacket
– Waterproof trousers (If you have them)
– Shorts – 1 pair (weather dependent)
– A set of casual clothes for free time/to travel in
– Towel (one large for body and a small for hair if needed)
– Toiletries (Shampoo/Conditioner/Shower Gel/Toothbrush/Toothpaste)
– Sun cream
– Hair bobbles for long hair
– Hair brush/comb
– 2 bin bags
– Water bottle
– Small bag of sweets
– Camera (disposable is better if possible)
– Packed lunch for the first day (to be eaten at the centre)
Any medication needs to be explained on the form and given to us in a named container/box/packet please. This includes travel medicines/hay fever tablets/ pain killers/ inhalers or anything prescribed.
Please no other electronics such as phones, i-pods etc. or expensive clothes/belongings.