The churches of St Mary’s Kempsford and St Anne’s Welford have asked if we could please highlight the following services before Christmas Day, aimed at children and families:
– Sunday 11 December at 5pm at St Mary’s Kempsford: Come and hear the Christmas Story in our nativity service. If you want to, come dressed as a shepherd or an angel!
– Thursday 15 December at 7pm at St Anne’s Whelford. Carols and readings for Christmas with the opportunity for the children to take part.
– Sunday 18 December: 10am at St Mary’s Kempsford; Family Service.
– Saturday 24 December at 5.30pm in St Mary’s Kempsford: Crib Service. Come and help to tell the Christmas story and put the animals and people in the stable setting.
Dear Parent/Guardian, 10 June 2016
DISTRICT SPORTS – THURSDAY 16th JUNE
We will be taking all of the children in Year 2 and above to the District Sports track and field events taking place at Farmor’s School, Fairford, during the morning of Thursday 16th June. Some of the children will be representing the school by taking part in events, the others will be going along as spectators, and to give support to their friends. If your child is taking part, he/she will be notified early next week.
We will be leaving school immediately after morning registration, travelling in a fully seat belted Pulhams Coach, and will return to Kempsford School in time for the children to have their lunch. We are asking parents to make a voluntary contribution of £2.60 per child towards the cost of transport.
The children participating in events will need 4 SAFETY PINS FOR ATTACHING THEIR NUMBER, White PE school shirt, black shorts kit, and trainers.
Depending on the weather, all of the children will need either: –
- A school sweatshirt, jumper or cardigan, plus a waterproof jacket.
- A sunhat and sun cream.
All of the children will require a named bottle of water and a healthy snack. If you could spare some time to assist, please inform the class teacher as soon as you can. All assistance is very much appreciated.
A copy of this letter, which included a reply slip, was sent home with the children and emailed to parents on Friday 10th June, We would be grateful if parents could complete and return the slip by Monday 13th June.
Mr Richard Mendum – Headteacher