We would like to give you an update on the progress that the school is making towards becoming ‘Good’. There have been many changes within the school since our last update in July, particularly as the new academic year started and various new practices were introduced. There have also been a number of reviews, internal and external, of school progress that provide an opportunity to assess our progress. In this term there has been:
- A review of the progress recorded in the new school pupil tracking system.
- A ‘Rapid Action Plan’ (RAP) progress meeting.
- This review includes the leadership team, the governors and the local authority.
- A visit from our assigned Her Majesty’s Inspector (HMI)
- The HMI met the leadership team, teaching staff, pupils, governors and our local authority partner during the course of a whole day visit.
(Continues in the full letter … 2013-12-05 School Improvement Update)